Cooking barbecues can also promote good bonding with family members and friends. Regarding that, to make things smooth, you’ll need the right tools. Barbecues are easier to cook if you possess them.
One great tool that you can utilize is a BBQ knife. In this article, we will tackle the best BBQ knife available in the market right now. This will help you in your buying decision.
How to choose a best BBQ knife?
Choosing the best BBQ knife can be a daunting task to make. There are factors that you should consider that will make you choose the right one. Let us enumerate those factors:
- Durability: It is great if the BBQ knife that you will buy is sturdy. This will let you enjoy the BBQ knife for extended periods without having to buy a new one.
- Pricing: Having a great quality knife does not need to be expensive. You can find a high-quality barbecue knife in just a fraction of a price.
- Stability: All of the components of the knife must be firm. Its handle and blade must coincide well with each other. They must not tremble even if slicing on high-speeds or amount.
- Safety features: The best knife for trimming meat must not inflict danger on its user. It must be safe to use at all times. You should check out if the handle is slippery and sturdy before opting to buy it.
- Great texture: The knife must penetrate the meat without damaging its overall texture; that is the characteristic of a good knife. Knowingly, the best Japanese steak knives can slice meat flawlessly without compromising the texture of the meat.
Top 5 Best BBQ Knives & Knife Sets To Buy
|Rank||BBQ Knife||Blade Material|
|1||Victorinox Swiss Army – 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife||Carbon Steel|
|2||Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Edge Slicer||Japanese steel|
|3||Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Rosewood Knife Set||Carbon Steel|
|4||Mercer Culinary M21820 Knife Roll Set||Japanese steel|
|5||Stainless Steel Carving Knife||Stainless Steel|
1. Victorinox Swiss Army – 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife
If you are a professional cook or just a simple housewife venturing out for a better knife, then this is for you. This knife was created by Victorinox a famous brand in the cutlery industry in Switzerland that was established in 1884. So if you are looking to have the precision and safety in preparing your favorite barbecues then this is for you.
It has an outstanding sharpness that makes perfectly cut BBQs. Aside from that, you can use it for preparing your other foods as well. The long-lasting sharpness and material that it has are truly worth having.
- Fribrox Pro Handle: This ergonomic handle will give you a non-slip feel while using this knife. As a result, utmost safety will be achieved while you are preparing your favorite foods.
- Granton Blade with Rounded Tip: It provides a smooth carving experience as it reduces friction to ensure that meat separation will be flawless. Also, it adds up a safety feature as a rounded tip can reduce the chances of injuries while using the knife.
- Razor Sharp Edge: It minimizes the time needed for you to slice objects. This results in lesser effort in doing those slicing tasks.
- Stainless-Steel Blade: This is an assurance that the blades will not rust over time. It gives a hygienic feel as well while you are using the knife.
- Not suitable for cutting very hard objects
2. Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Edge Slicer
The combination of style and functionality is what you can expect from this Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Edge Slicer. It has a great design that will keep you drooling for more. This is perfect for people who are looking for an efficient tool to slice meat. It makes a great grill knife in the sense that it has a sharp edge with a finger-textured surface.
You’ll discover more of it once you are already using this wonderful knife. Let us try to know more about it by enumerating more of its features.
- Japanese Steel Blade: This material is known for its being low maintenance and long-lasting sharpness since a huge portion of it is made of carbon. It makes your cutting tasks much easier with this material.
- Santoprene and Polypropylene Handle: These materials are known for giving utmost comfort. It is also the one responsible for the non-slip attribute of the handle.
- Handwash-Friendly: The materials used in this knife are known to be very responsive to handwashing. As a result, you can use a more hygienic knife for your cooking needs.
- Finger-Textured Blade: This feature adds up slip resistance for utmost safety and precision.
- NSF-Certified: It only means that you will get a knife that has passed all the necessary checks to ensure the safety of its user.
- The blade is not suitable to use on hard objects as it can be easily bent.
3. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Rosewood Knife Set
It is said that Victorinox uses the finest materials in the industry. So when you buy a knife from them rest assured that you’ll get the most out of your money. You will experience the precision and durability that you are looking for in a meat trimming knife.
On top of that, you’ll look super elegant while using this knife. This is because of the stylish design that it has. The blend of classic and modern look is surely a feature that must not be overlooked.
To tell you honestly, this is one of the most complete sets that we have seen in a while. This product contains various knives and cutters. So if you buy the package, you’ll expect to get the following:
- Bread knife
- Chef’s knife
- Shaping Knife
- Boning knife
- Paring knife
- Melon baller
- Lemon zester
- Steel sharpener
- Hand-Polished Rosewood Handle: This makes the handle non-slippery and elegant to look at as a touch of nature is there.
- Ergonomic Handle and Weight: It is lightweight and very comfortable to grip. This is the reason why they are much comfy to use compared to their counterparts.
- Highly-Durable: Since it is made out of Swiss-quality materials, expect that the tools included in this undoubtedly best BBQ knife set are all long-lasting.
- Casing: There is a free case that is included in the deal for easy storage of your knives and tools.
- The free case is somehow flimsy.
4. Mercer Culinary M21820 Knife Roll Set
If you are currently shopping for a basic knife set then Mercer has a treat for you. The Mercer Culinary M21820 Millennia offers 8 pieces of knives that you can use for preparing the foods that you crave for. You’ll be able to have the following knives once you buy this package:
- Boning knife
- Paring knife
- Santoku knife
- Bread knife
- Chef knife
- Steel sharpener
Regarding this, let us discuss this knife set. One of the items included in this package might be the best knife for trimming meat. Let’s try to determine that by knowing the various features that it offers.
- Ergonomic Handle: The handle is made of polypropylene and Santoprene. This makes it non-slip and easy to grip at all times.
- Japanese Steel: Since it is made of Japanese steel, expect that the blade will not rust at all. Aside from that, the sharpness stays longer.
- Finger-Textured Blade: This texture on the blades provides additional resistance and cutting power in a safe manner.
- Storage Bag: It is included in the deal for free so that you’ll have reliable storage of your knives to keep things organized.
- Lightweight: All of the knives that are included in this package are lightweight. It only means that you’ll not have any difficulties at all in using them.
- The zipper of the free bag is a little bit fragile.
5. Stainless Steel Carving Knife
If you are currently shopping for a reliable butcher’s carving knife, Mairico is a brand that you can trust. It has all the functionalities that you are looking for. The style and uniquely textured blade will make meat butchering such an easy task. You’ll want to include it in your cooking tools. If you are into performance then this knife will not let you down for sure.
- Ultra Sharp Blade: This will ensure that you’ll get precise cuts on your meat. As a result, better outputs will be gotten from your slices.
- Ergonomic Design: Both the handle and blade are designed ergonomically to ensure that it gives you better handling. This is great as it will remove any strains that might happen while you are using the knife extensively.
- Portable Size: This 11-inch knife can do wonders. Despite its considerably smaller size, the performance isn’t compromised.
- Stainless-Steel Blade: The high-grade stainless-steel that it is made of will allow the metal to last for extended periods of time.
- Never use it on very hard objects as the blade can be bent thoroughly.
So, what is the best knife for BBQ brisket?
Yes, we have proven that choosing a knife can be a hard task. With a lot of great choices at hand, you might be confused about what to choose. Nevertheless, you should always check out the features to know if a certain knife best fits you.
Having said so, we are confident to say that Victorinox Swiss Army – 47645 Cutlery Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife is the best knife for BBQ brisket. Its responsiveness towards meats will allow you to get the perfect cuts that you are looking for. The most important thing is that it will not ruin your budget. The knife is very affordable but the low pricing will not compromise the quality that you’ll be getting.